Blog

Student Organization Spotlight: Beyond the Rainbow

At Bellin College, we strive to create highly engaged students and future healthcare leaders through education and experiences. A great way to help our students achieve these goals is through student organizations. Our student organizations are open to all Bellin College students and are a valuable part of the higher education experience, as they allow students to meet and interact with one another, develop leadership skills, and to gain involvement opportunities outside of the classroom.

As a college, we are dedicated to our values of excellence, integrity, community, and caring, and we are consistently looking for ways to promote these values not only throughout the college but within our community. Our newest student organization, Beyond the Rainbow, helps to achieve that.

Beyond the Rainbow serves to promote the acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community within the college and healthcare field. Along with supporting social-justice-based education, resources, and programming, it will also provide a safe space for students and faculty to be who they are.

“When I was in college, I found an organization that allowed me to be comfortable with myself, be comfortable sharing my feelings with others, and allowed me to grow as an individual. I have those same goals for this organization,” Chad Dall, Faculty Advisor of Beyond the Rainbow said. “I want Beyond the Rainbow to be for everyone, including allies and individuals who are interested in learning more about the LGBTQ+ community and how to support it.”

Chad helped kickstart Beyond the Rainbow after a Bellin College student who identifies as LGBTQ+ shared her goals of wanting additional support not only for herself, but for other students who may be looking for similar opportunities to educate themselves about the LGBTQ+ community.

“There are significant struggles within healthcare for the LGBTQ+ patients,” Chad said. “Whether it’s visitation rights or feeling comfortable getting care, we are trying to raise awareness for healthcare workers and how we can approach these topics in a safe and inclusive way.”

Beyond the Rainbow will officially begin fall of 2021. Membership is open for all Bellin College students, employees, and alumni, and will consist of service projects, campus events, and networking opportunities.

For more information, please contact: chad.dall@bellincollege.edu

Back to top