Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Certificate
The Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Certificate program (DCS) is a fast-track adult echocardiography program designed for working sonographers registered in vascular technology (RVT) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). This two semester program teaches all didactic courses online with one mandatory weekend clinical intensive (in-person) requirement in the Fall semester. DCS students will only have to come to the Bellin College campus for their one weekend intensive. Clinical requirements of 400 hours are met at the sonographer’s current employer or with placement assistance from Bellin College faculty.
- Fast-track program geared toward working sonographers
- Assigned clinical sites if you cannot obtain clinical at your current place of employment
- Clinical hours completed when it fits into your working schedule
- Completely online curriculum with only one weekend in-person requirement.
- Small student-to-faculty ratio for individual learning
- Sonography lab with multiple ultrasound machines
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) board eligible in:
- Adult Echocardiography
To prepare competent entry-level adult cardiac sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Requirements for admission
- Credentialed in vascular technology (RVT) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Official transcript from a CAAHEP accredited sonography program and from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Or admitted into the BSDMS General Vascular program and minoring in adult echocardiography.
*Each candidate may be reviewed under special considerations (years experience, CCI credentialed, etc.)