Accommodation Services

Bellin College provides support services for students with documented disabilities.  We encourage students who have a documented disability to communicate their educational needs to us and use our services.

We collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to coordinate support services and accommodations for students with a documented disability in accordance with  Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disability Act (ADA).


Documented disabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Blind or Visually Impaired
  • Deaf or Hard of Hearing
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder


We offer these services to assist qualified students reach their educational goals:

  • Extended time on exams
  • Reduced distraction testing environment
  • Private testing environment
  • Note taking
  • Enlarged print material
  • Alternative learning devices
  • Counseling referral
Applying for Accommodations

Step One

Complete and submit the Request for Accommodation Consideration via email at or mail to:

Benjamin Rieth
Director of Student Affairs and DEI/Instructor
Bellin College
3201 Eaton Rd.
Green Bay, WI 54311

Office: 920-433-6656
Cell: 920-639-3609

Step Two

Once the accommodations specialist has confirmed eligibility status, the student will receive an email containing a Confidential Notification of Accommodation outlining approved academic accommodations. If the accommodations specialist needs further information, the student will be contacted directly.

After the student has received and reviewed their accommodation outline, they will be asked to sign the accommodation registration agreement. 

Step Three

Students are responsible for sharing the Confidential Notification of Accommodation with instructors at the start of the semester, accommodations are not retroactive. For tips on communicating with instructors, refer to the “Resources” tab.

Step Four

Students must renew their accommodations each academic year by completing the Request for Accommodation Consideration documentation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I receive a testing accommodation, do I take my exams in the classroom with my peers?
A: If a student is granted a testing accommodation that includes a distraction-free area, the location will be found for the student, or the student will take their exam online with the college’s proctoring system.

Q: How long is my accommodation valid?
A: Accommodations are valid for one academic year. Students must review individual accommodation plans with the accommodations specialist prior to the start of the academic year. Accommodations are not retroactive. Failure to do so may result in loss of accommodation.

Q: I have a temporary disability, can I receive an accommodation?
Students with temporary disabilities such as a broken arm with the inability to write are eligible to receive a temporary accommodation with proper documentation. Please follow the steps in “Applying for Accommodations.”

Q: Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my accommodation?
A: The accommodations specialist can assist with any accommodation questions. Please contact:


For more information about Accommodation Services, please contact:

Back to top