Why Bellin College?
We’ve been educating healthcare professionals for over 100 years
Founded in 1909, Bellin College has grown to become one of Wisconsin’s premier private, not-for-profit nursing and medical imaging colleges. A focused curriculum, extensive hands-on practice, leadership and service learning, and dedication to the values of Excellence, Integrity, Community, and Caring helps our students succeed academically and professionally.
Graduates of our programs are in high demand
2014-15 academic year job placement within 6 months of
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences: 100%
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: 96%
- Master of Science in Nursing: 100%
*Based on information from those who responded to our graduate survey.
Licensure exam pass rates for our programs consistently exceed national averages
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing NCLEX pass rate: 95%
- Bachelor of Science in
Radiologic Sciences AART certification exam pass rate: 100%
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (program will have graduates starting in May, 2019)
We offer degrees for careers that are in high demand
- Radiologic and MRI technologists is projected to grow 9 percent.
- Diagnostic medical sonographers and cardiovascular technologists and technicians, including vascular technologists, is projected to grow 24 percent.
- Registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent.
Master’s Prepared Nurses:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Employment of nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners is projected to grow 31 percent .
- Nurse Educator
Employment of post-secondary nursing instructors and teachers is projected to grow 19%.
Our degrees are in career fields that offer good wages
Wage information is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2015.
- Radiologic Technologist: Median annual wage – $58,120
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer: Median annual wage – $67,530
- Registered Nurse: Median annual wage – $66,640
Master of Science in Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Median annual wage – $104,740
- Nurse Educator: Median annual wage – $67,480
Median Wage; An occupational median wage estimate is the boundary between the highest paid 50 percent and the lowest paid 50 percent of workers in that occupation. Half of the workers in a given occupation earn more than the median wage, and half the workers earn less than the median wage.
Numerous scholarships to help make your education more affordable.
Last year we awarded $1,200,000
in institutional scholarships to our students!
Small student to faculty ratio
Small class sizes allow you to know your professors and classmates, and build life-long friendships. Student to faculty ratio; 10:1
You don’t have to wait to be
accepted into your program
We have direct entry programs; which means that once you are accepted at Bellin College you are also accepted into your program.
State-of-the art facilities
State-of-the-art campus and technology, including a newly expanded Health Sciences Resource Center with multiple simulation labs.
You will hit the ground running in your new career
Our programs provide you with extensive hands-on and clinical experience, which will help prepare you for the rapidly changing healthcare field, and give you the confidence to be successful in your career.
Our programs will position you to take your career to the next level
- Currently, both the nursing and medical imaging career fields do not require a bachelor’s degree; however, studies indicate that the more education a healthcare provider has, directly correlates to improved patient outcomes. As a result of the findings from Institute of Medicine’s 2010 report, The Future of Nursing, a national initiative calls for increasing the number of baccalaureate-prepared nurses in the workforce to 80% by the year 2020.
- In addition, a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on leadership and management will help excel your career and management opportunities.
- Graduate studies in nursing are flexible for working students. We offer full-time and part-time program options for both our Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Educator MSN tracks. If you already hold an advanced-practice degree, we offer a Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Certificate.