Why Bellin College?
We’ve been educating healthcare professionals for over 100 years
Founded in 1909, Bellin College has grown to become one of Wisconsin’s premier private, not-for-profit nursing and medical imaging colleges. A focused curriculum, extensive hands-on practice, leadership and service learning, and dedication to the values of Excellence, Integrity, Community, and Caring helps our students succeed academically and professionally.
Graduates of our programs are in high demand
2018-19 academic year job placement within 6 months of
graduation (October, December, May)*
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences: 100%
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: 93%
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography: 100%
- Master of Science in Nursing: 88%
*Based on information from those who responded to our graduate survey.
Licensure exam pass rates for our programs consistently exceed national averages
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing NCLEX pass rate: 98% (for the State of Wis.)
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences AART certification exam pass rate: 100%
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography ARDMS certification exams pass rate: 100%
We offer degrees for careers that are in high demand
- Radiologic and MRI technologists is projected to grow 9 percent.
- Diagnostic medical sonographers and cardiovascular technologists and technicians, including vascular technologists, is projected to grow 14 percent.
- Registered nurses is projected to grow 12 percent.
Master’s Prepared Nurses:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Employment of nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners is projected to grow 26 percent .
- Nurse Educator
Employment of post-secondary nursing instructors and teachers is projected to grow 11%.
Our degrees are in career fields that offer great earning potential
Wage information is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2018.
- Radiologic Technologist: Median annual wage – $61,240
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer: Median annual wage – $67,080
- Registered Nurse: Median annual wage – $71,730
Master of Science in Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Median annual wage – $113,930
- Nurse Educator: Median annual wage – $73,490
Median Wage; An occupational median wage estimate is the boundary between the highest paid 50 percent and the lowest paid 50 percent of workers in that occupation. Half of the workers in a given occupation earn more than the median wage, and half the workers earn less than the median wage.
Numerous scholarships to help make your education more affordable.
Last year we awarded more than $2.6M in scholarships to our students!
Small student-to-faculty ratio
Small class sizes allow you to know your professors and classmates, and build life-long friendships. Student-to-faculty ratio; 10:1
You don’t have to wait to be
accepted into your program
We have direct entry programs; which means that once you are accepted at Bellin College you are also accepted into your program.
State-of-the-art campus and technology, including an expanded Health Sciences Resource Center with multiple simulation labs.
You will hit the ground running in your new career
Our programs provide you with extensive hands-on and clinical experience, which will help prepare you for the rapidly changing healthcare field, and give you the confidence to be successful in your career.
Our programs will position you to take your career to the next level
- Currently, both the nursing and medical imaging career fields do not require a bachelor’s degree; however, studies indicate that the more education a healthcare provider has, directly correlates to improved patient outcomes. As a result of the findings from Institute of Medicine’s 2010 report, The Future of Nursing, a national initiative calls for increasing the number of baccalaureate-prepared nurses in the workforce to 80% by the year 2020.
- In addition, a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on leadership and management will help excel your career and management opportunities.
- Graduate studies in nursing are flexible for working students. We offer full-time and part-time program options for both our Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Educator MSN tracks. If you already hold an advanced-practice degree, we offer a Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Certificate.