Blog

My Bellin College Journey

My name is McKayla Dantoin and I am a senior in the Radiological Sciences program at Bellin College. My educational experience at Bellin College throughout the last four years has been an absolute blessing. Graduation is coming up very quickly, and I am so anxious to finish, receive my degree, and begin working in the profession that I have grown to love and become so passionate about.

DSC_4485_2-Small

My journey through Bellin College has been nothing but fulfilling and enjoyable. So many qualities of the school and its’ environment attribute to those feelings. I love how quaint and welcoming Bellin College feels. I love the small class sizes, and especially the relationship I have been able to build with my instructors and classmates. I knew Bellin College was the school for me the first time I visited back in February of 2012. As a senior in high school I was feeling disheartened that I still didn’t know what to do with my future. After learning about the radiology program at Bellin, I was very intrigued. After a campus visit, some research, and a job shadow, I knew I found something special. I suddenly became excited and filled with anticipation about the next step I was about to take in my life.

DSC_4741-Small1

Bellin College has provided me an amazing education that has truly prepared me for what is to come in the very near future. In May, I will be graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in Radiologic Sciences. I am so happy I made the decision to go for my Bachelor’s Degree right away, and looking back I am so thankful that Bellin College provided that opportunity to me. As I begin to enter my career as a radiology technologist, I could not feel more prepared. I am so anxious to begin working every day, impacting the lives of each and every one of my patients. There is absolutely nothing that makes me feel better than the ability to put a smile on someone’s face, or make their day a little better!

Finally, my education at Bellin College has been very successful, both academically and financially. I would just like to say a quick thank you to all of the scholarship donors who have made the financial aspect of this journey much more achievable! I cannot thank you enough, for you are a major part of the technologist I have built in myself. One piece of advice I can give to all students and future students, is to take advantage of the scholarships that these wonderful people have made available to us!! Take the time to apply, they truly want to help us and truly care about the healthcare professionals we are in the process of becoming! Good luck to all in your journey…wherever it may take you!

Back to top