Awards for Excellence
Faculty and student awarded for their exemplary commitment to the Bellin College Values. The College grants two awards each year at the spring graduation ceremony; The Lucyanna Hitch Award for Excellence, and The Nishioka Family Faculty Excellence Award. Please see details, eligibility requirements, and submission forms below.
Graduating Student Award: Lucyanna Hitch Award for Excellence
This is an annual award given in memory of, and tribute to, Lucyanna Hitch, a dedicated College advocate. This award recognizes the graduating student from any program (BSDMS, BSRS, BSN, MSN, DScPT) who best exemplifies the College Values of Excellence, Integrity, Community, and Caring. The award recipient is announced at graduation in May and receives a recognition plaque in addition to a modest cash award. Award recipients are commemorated on the cumulative award plaque permanently on display at the College in the Student Activities Conference Room, Room 102A. This award has been given each year since 1988.
Details of the application process for the 2021-2022 calendar year are as follows:
- Application deadline: Submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 1, 2022.
- Online Application Cover Form.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Bellin College employee via Online form or Printable form.
- Award presentation date in May during spring commencement.
- Eligibility: Eligible applicants include candidates for graduation in good standing from October 2021, December 2021 and May 2022.
- View list of past recipients
Questions should be directed to the 2021-2022 Selection committee chairperson:
Bonnie Luebke, HSRC Director/Simulation Coordinator
The Nishioka Family Faculty Excellence Award
Connie Buttrick, 2020 Award Recipient
This award honors a nursing faculty member for contributions in the areas of professional nursing advancement, nursing education advancement, professional behavior and growth, and support of the College. All students are encouraged to nominate a nursing faculty member who has been influential in their program of study. This award has been given each year since 1990 and is sponsored through a generous contribution from Dr. Hiro Nishioka, an ardent supporter of the College. The award recipient receives funds for professional development and is commemorated on the cumulative award plaque permanently on display at the College in Conference Room 212.
Details of the application process for the 2020-2021 calendar year are as follows:
- Nomination Deadline: April 2, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- Nomination Form
- Eligibility: Eligible nominees include current Bellin College nursing faculty members
- View the past Recipients
Questions should be directed to the 2021-2022 Selection Committee Chair:
Lori Kulju, Associate Professor, Office 209D
(920) 433-6624 or email@example.com