Blog

Freshman Spotlight: Samantha Haley

Samantha Raelynn Haley | Clear Lake | Sonography

Congratulations on acceptance to Bellin College. What made you choose this field of study?

I chose this field of study because I have always wanted to work within the medical field. I have always had a passion to help people and I found Ultrasound to be extremely interesting and something that I could surely see myself doing. Ultrasound has become a passion of mine and I am extremely excited to be pursing it. I am a people person all around and having the capability to have direct contact with patients while helping them is something that is extremely important to me.

What attracted you to Bellin College?

What attracted me to Bellin College was a multitude of things. But I believe that the biggest thing for me was the size of the school. I come from a small town of about 1,000 people, and my graduating class was less than 50 kids. Bellin gives that small-school atmosphere. I love the fact that you will know just about everyone you are going to school with. You will never just feel like another kid in the lecture. Bellin College gives you that family feel, something that I was looking for, and found while visiting Bellin College.

What are you most excited about coming to Bellin College?

I am so excited to meet new people! I am also very excited to be able to learn all about Sonography in such an amazing program!

What are your hobbies when not studying for class?

When I am not studying, I love to hang with friends. It could be shopping, swimming, or just a movie night. I love to be around others so when I’m not doing school work it usually involves me hanging around other people!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I would have the power to read minds. I think it would be so interesting to be able to know what others are thinking!

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?

I have a little dog named Rosie! She is about 4 years old and is 9 pounds of crazy. Rosie is a Teddy Bear which is a mix between a Shih Tzu and a Bichon! This little dog is truly a girl’s best friend.

Back to top