Blog

My Bellin College Family

Hello! My name is Stacey and I am currently a senior nursing student in the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program graduating this week! (YAY!) As graduation is quickly approaching, I wanted to tell you why I chose Bellin College and how this amazing school has helped shape me into the person and nurse I am today. When I got my letter of acceptance to Bellin College, I was ecstatic. Bellin’s campus was close to home, very high tech and full of supportive and knowledgeable faculty. I knew I would get a phenomenal education and great job placement after college. What I didn’t know I would get, were the experiences and memories I’ll take with me forever. 

I immediately felt at home at Bellin College. On the first day, we got cupcakes and goodie bags, because of the awesome profession we chose to pursue. How cool is that? The staff here really go above and beyond to make sure the students feel welcome and will be here for support throughout your time in school. I was in love with the small class sizes (although mine certainly grew), and intimate relationships you are able to have with your peers and teachers. I met my best friends on the very first day of class and am forever thankful to Bellin College for introducing me to all the wonderful people I’ve met along my journey.

Throughout school I was very involved. I participated in Bellin Student Nurses Association (BSNA) all four years acting as President my senior year, Institute for HealthCare Improvement (IHI) acting as Vice President both my junior and senior year, as well as being involved in other organizations, including Student Ambassadors and Bellin’s chapter for American Assembly for Men in Nursing (BAAMN). Being a part of these student organizations, and being involved with my school in general has had a positive impact on my college education. Through these organizations, I was able to participate in many nursing conventions, community volunteering events, and school promotion, which has helped me tremendously both personally and professionally. A lot of my favorite memories of Bellin College will be the organizations I was a part of, and the friendships I’ve made because of them. I would highly encourage the incoming students of all grades to get involved! Not only is it great for your professional resume and personal skills, it’s a lot of fun and a nice break from the demanding curriculum. 

Spring Festival 2016

Bellin takes pride in each and every student; that is evident in the way we are treated and the way we get prepared for our chosen profession. I have built personal relationships with the staff because they care about your success and want to help you. The labs in the lower level are fully equipped to help every student practice to feel comfortable with a skill. When clinical comes around, you are confident in your ability. I could not have received a better education from Bellin College and I am truly proud to soon be an alumni!

So what is next for me? After graduation I am going to be moving to the state of Michigan where I hope to get a job in either pediatrics or perioperative nursing! Bellin has prepared me to be the best nurse I can be, and I cannot wait to graduate and start my career as an RN!

Back to top