External Scholarship Announcements
The following organizations have requested that we post their scholarship opportunities:.
- Live Your Dream Award – Sponsored by Soroptimist International of Fond du Lac, this award is open to women with a primary financial responsibility for yourself and your dependents and have financial need. More information can be found on the PDF flyer or by clicking the link above. Deadline: Nov. 15, 2021.
- Jameela Jamil x I Weigh Scholarship – Three scholarships of $5,000 each awarded. Click on the link for more information. Deadline: Dec. 2, 2021.
- Amy Hunter-Wilson, MD Scholarship: Established by Dr. Hunter-Wilson, this scholarship is available to American Indian students who pursue training or advanced education as doctors of medicine, nurses, or in a related health field. Award amounts vary, generally $1,000 or more. Deadline: Feb. 1, 2022
- 2022 ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers – An essay contest for healthcare workers. Deadline is Nov. 1, 2022.
- Bold.org Nursing Scholarships – This organization gives away multiple scholarships at different times during the year for various types of students. Please refer to the link to find out if you qualify. Deadline: Multiple.
- “Save a Life” Scholarship – Must be 18 years old, enrolled in, or applying to enroll within the next academic year, in a degree program. Deadlines in October and May.
- Geraldine “Polly” Bednash Scholarship Program – Must be admitted or enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program. Deadlines: January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31.
- CastleBranch-GNSA Scholarship – Need to be enrolled in a graduate nursing program. Deadline: September 30 and December 30.
- AfterCollege-AACN Nursing Scholarship – Special consideration will be given to students in a graduate program with the goal of becoming a nurse educator; those completing an RN to BSN or MSN program; and those enrolled in an accelerated nursing program. Scholarships in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded each quarter. Deadlines are March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
- Little Bundle Supermom Scholarship – Must be legal resident enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, be a single mother, child of a single mother, or closely impacted by a single mother. Awarded twice per year. Deadlines are June 30 and December 31.
- Hurst Review/AACN Nursing Scholarship – Applicants must be in a pre-licensure nursing program and maintain a 3.2 GPA. Money is awarded during different semesters. Deadlines are August 1, January 1 and May 1. To apply, click on the link above.
- VA Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) – Scholarship is for specific students that would like to take advantage of tuition assistance from the VA. Applications open year round.
- PNC Student Lending Scholarship – This is a scholarship sweepstakes you can enter by using PNC financial literacy information. Click on the link for more information.
- Richard Newcomb & Janice Schrieber-Newcomb Education Scholarship – Applicants must be widows who are too young to receive Social Security assistance and plan to further their education as a part-time or full-time student at an accredited college, university or technical school. No deadline.
- BSN Education Scholarships – This nursing resource offers scholarships for general and specialty nursing, graduate nursing, LGBTQ nursing, minority nursing, men in nursing and military nursing students. Award amounts and deadlines vary.
Search for Additional External Scholarships
Outside aid includes funds made directly to a student by non-school affiliates, businesses, organizations, groups, or individuals.
Before you search:
- Beware; there are scholarship scammers among us!
- Note that the scholarship search web sites to which we provide links do not charge for the search; however, some websites may sell your name to other companies. When you register to participate in the search, you should consider whether you want to receive mailings from groups who may buy your name and address from the website owners.
Sampling of Links to General Scholarship Search Websites:
Bellin College is simply listing and does not endorse these sites. These are provided as a resource to be used at your discretion.