Blog

New Student Spotlight: Courtney Nuckles

Courtney Nuckles | DNP| Green Bay, WI

Congratulations on acceptance to Bellin College. What made you choose this field of study?
I have always been interested in medicine. From a very young age, I wanted to be a doctor. I worked as a CNA before I finished high school and was surrounded by many great nurses. I switched from premed to nursing in hopes to always have job security and I love the advancement opportunities available within nursing. I am super excited to still become a provider but in a slightly different capacity when compared to a physician.

What attracted you to Bellin College?
I actually was planning on attending UWO for this degree. I work at Bellin but I was initially not even looking at Bellin College because I thought the price would be out of my range. However, I calculated both university rates and was pleasantly surprised. I like that Bellin College is local, but more importantly, it has a much more personable feel. Every person I have met or talked to at the college has been
extremely kind, welcoming, and supportive. I have never felt this to such an overwhelming extent. It makes me happy knowing Bellin College cares about students and their lives/success. I am looking forward to a challenging next few years here!

What are you most excited about coming to Bellin College?
I am excited about starting the last step of my journey to becoming an NP. It is finally starting to feel like the end goal is in sight!

Tell us about yourself
I have two sisters who are twins and lots of other twins in my family. I am one of the only non-twin. I enjoy running, working out, visiting new restaurants, hiking, and traveling. I also enjoy learning more about medicine from my physician boyfriend in my downtime!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would take away the violence and pain in the world and replace it with kindness and humanity.

Back to top