Blog

Freshman Spotlight: Courtney Schmitz

Courtney M. Schmitz | New Holstein | Radiation Therapy

• Congratulations on acceptance to Bellin College. What made you choose this field of study?

I took an Intro to Health Careers class at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and Radiation Therapy was the only career that stuck out to me. I thought about doing nuclear medicine, but I enjoy learning more biology than I do chemistry.

What attracted you to Bellin College?

I had a friend who went to Bellin College for nursing and absolutely loved the school, but also the fact that Bellin College was starting a radiation therapy program is what attracted me most.

What are you most excited about coming to Bellin College?

I’m excited to meet my fellow classmates and professors, but also very excited to use virtual reality when learning about radiation therapy.

What are your hobbies when not studying for class?

I love traveling and everything outdoors. I love to go camping, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, fishing, swimming, wakeboarding, play board games, going to the beach, bonfires, hiking, etc.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I would want to have teleportation because I’m not a fan of driving. I’ve done way too much driving having a long-distance relationship, going back home from La Crosse to see my family, and for the military.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?

I personally don’t own any pets, but my parents have two dogs (one Siberian Husky named Titan and one black lab/husky mix named Remington) and two cats (Garfield and Ceaser).

Back to top