Blog

Freshman Spotlight: Rileigh Clark

Rileigh Clark |  Jefferson |  Radiation Therapy

Congratulations on acceptance to Bellin College. What made you choose this field of study?

I chose radiation therapy because I want to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Cancer treatments are always advancing, which will allow me to be a lifelong learner. After graduating, I hope to work in pediatrics, and eventually complete my master’s in medical dosimetry!

What attracted you to Bellin College?

I attended a medical imaging camp during summer of 2019 and fell in love with what Bellin College has to offer. The small class sizes and extensive labs will help me excel. All students and faculty have made me feel extremely welcome since the first time I stepped on campus.

What are you most excited about coming to Bellin College?

I am most excited about the small class sizes and hands-on learning opportunities Bellin College will provide me. I can’t wait to complete my degree in three years and have my last year be almost exclusively clinical hours. This will ensure I have the real-world experience I need to succeed and provide the best care to my patients.

What are your hobbies when not studying for class?

I love being outside when it is warm out. Anything from boating, jet skiing, kayaking, ATV’ing, or just being out in the sun. When it is colder out, I tend to stay indoors and spend time with family and friends or bake.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

If I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to teleport.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?

I have a miniature dachshund named Daisy Mae who is 11, and a hedgehog named Willow who is 4.

Back to top