Giving Tuesday is a global movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy. It is celebrated each year on the Tuesday that follows Black Friday and Cyber Monday in response to the commercialization and consumerism associated with the holidays.
Giving Tuesday connects people for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving and to harness the potential
of generosity to bring about positive change in our communities.
Here at Bellin College, we are participating in the movement in an effort to upgrade two of our teaching manikins. While the current manikins have served our students well throughout the past 15 years, they have reached the point of retirement.
Our board has generously agreed to match the first $5,000 donated! Please help us amplify their act of kindness with your own gift.
Kick off the charitable season by helping us reach our goal of $10,000!
More about CAEJuno wireless and tetherless manikins
The CAEJuno manikins are controlled by software on a tablet, and can be converted to a man or woman. Each can perform 10 simulated clinical experiences for our students, including:
- Chronic heart failure exacerbation
- Gastrointestinal bleed secondary to esophageal varcies
- Skills validation
- Asthma management of patient in home care setting
- Postoperative care of the patient with complications: pneumonia
- Suctioning and tracheostomy care with hypoxia
- Basic assessment of the hip replacement patient
- Postoperative care of the patient with a ruptured diverticulum
- Seizure disorder and moderate learning disability
- Dementia and urinary tract infection in a patient with DNR orders
These manikins will be located in our practice lab and be available to all students. These are the health professionals of the future, and we hope to arm them with the very best skill set and knowledge to carry with them into their careers serving
Questions? Please contact Jamie Jergenson at (920) 433-6655, or firstname.lastname@example.org.