Bellin College strives to help students achieve academic success by offering free peer tutoring services for enrolled students.
Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance and participation. You must be attending class regularly to receive tutoring services.
How do I request a Peer Tutor?
- Contact or stop in to see Advisor in One Stop Shop during regular business hours
- Complete and submit Request for Peer Tutoring Services
What can Peer Tutors help me with?
- Review and explain content
- Review course outlines and objectives (syllabi)
- Clarify information presented by the course faculty
- Identify and understand concepts
- Understand how to use the textbook
- Develop learning strategies
Is there anything Peer Tutors cannot do?
- Peer Tutors cannot do your homework or
- Peer Tutors cannot teach material you have not read or heard in class.
What are my responsibilities as the tutored student?
- Attend all classes
- Read all assigned material and attempt all assignments
- Arrive prepared with questions
- Show up on time for your tutoring session
- Bring all of your materials: textbook, classroom notes, syllabus, course schedule, assignments, and planner
- Ask your Peer Tutor to explain anything you do not understand
- Notify your Peer Tutor if you cannot make a scheduled advising session
- Complete Peer Tutoring Evaluation at the end of the semester