2020 Spring Commencement
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Field of Scenes Drive-In Theater
N3712 Hwy 55, Freedom, WI 54130
The radio frequency at Field of Scenes will be 89.9 FM. There will not be anything at this frequency until the venue switches to audio. There are also signs around the drive-in.
- Leona Waraksa Memorial Commencement Address — Katherine Reinke, BSN
- BSN Speaker — Maximilian Soda
- BSRS Speaker — Victoria Lemke
- BSDMS Speaker — McKenzie Scheld
- MSN Speaker — Erin Carter
- Only regular sized vehicles will be allowed in. No limos, busses, campers or oversized vehicles will be allowed.
- Graduates should plan on one car per graduate and sit on the left side of their vehicle.
- No one will be allowed outside of their vehicle except students when Dr. Boerst confers your degrees.
- Although face masks are not mandatory, we still suggest wearing them. Masks will not be provided.
- Please feel free to decorate your vehicle prior to the ceremony.
- When arriving, no earlier than noon, follow the instruction of parking attendants who will direct you to a parking spot. Take note and tune your radio to the proper frequency.
- Honk those horns when your name is announced by Matt Rentmeester.
Gown and regalia pick-up information
You may pick these items up Monday through Friday, May 11-15, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. With your cap, gown and tassel comes other items: cords (if applicable), a gift from the Alumni Council and either your undergraduate pin or graduate hood. Medical Imaging students will also have their Lambda Nu cords if you were granted that status.
Finally, other items will be included with your items that may be picked up atthe college. They include items from your mailbox, diploma cover and more. All students must return school badges, senior badges and parking passes.
- Nursing students: BSNA senior members will receive certificates of membership for portfolios.
- Radiology students: Lambda Nu cords and certificates will be ready for you. Please return student, radiation and VA (If applicable) badges when picking up your gown.
- Sonography students: Lambda Nu cords and certificates will be ready for you.
When you arrive at the college, please remember to maintain social distancing. We know the instinct will be excitement and human connection, but we need to do so safely. If there is a line when you arrive, please maintain six feet between you and the next person. Items will be in alpha order, but someone will be there to assist in order to minimize the touchpoints while on campus.
In addition, Dr. Connie Boerst will be on hand with her gown if anyone would like a properly-distanced graduation photo.