Student Senate meeting all are welcome.
HAPPY CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS WEEK!
International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day is this Saturday, February 15th. But why celebrate for one day when you could do a whole week?
We will have a mini beanie scavenger hunt – the beanies are already hidden on all 3 levels so go ahead and start looking. Most will have Valentine’s candy, but if you’re lucky you will win a full-sized LYM beanie or a gift card!
Post a photo with your prize using #BellinLYM to be entered to win a prize
Some events will be going on all week including…
- One Stop Shop candy jar – correctly guess the amount of candy and win the jar. Winner will be announced Friday.
- Superhero Drive – Our crew currently supports 5 local children who are battling cancer. Stop by the poster in the atrium to make a Valentine and learn more about our Superheroes. A donation bin is located in the student lounge for gifts to send to these families.
- Photobooth – take a picture with our backdrop in the atrium, post on social media and use the #BellinLYM and be entered to win a prize. Winner will be announced Friday.
Throughout the week:
- Jar in One Stop Shop to guess the amount of candy
- Photo booth in the atrium, post on social media using #BellinLYM for a chance to win a prize
- Superhero drive for donations for the 4 children we are currently supporting – donation bin in the student lounge
LYM is looking for support during Pediatric Cancer Week, LYM is hosting a drive for donations for our superheroes. A list of a items will be shared/posted on what families need for donations. A donation bin will be in the student lounge. LYM will also have a table on Tuesday Feb. 11tg from 12-2 in the atrium where we share a little about each of our kids and have the opportunity to make Valentine’s for them.
Tuesday, February 11th, the Atrium will be filled with recruiters from healthcare organizations across the state for Career Fair, which runs from 2:30 to 4:30pm.
Participating healthcare organizations include: Agnesian Healthcare, Angel’s Touch Assisted Living, Ascension Wisconsin St. Elizabeth Hospital, Aspirus, Aurora BayCare Medical Center, Bellin College (MSN Program), Bellin Health, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Door County Medical Center, Froedtert Hospital, Grancare Nursing Center, Green Bay Correctional Institution, Heartland Home Health & Hospice, Holy Family Memorial, Hospital Sister Health Systems (HSHS), Marshfield Clinic, Mayo Clinic, NEWAHEC, Premier Medical Staffing Services, Prevea Health, Rennes Health and Rehab Center, ThedaCare, US Army Recruiting Center, UW Health, VA Medical Center, Winnebago Mental Health Institute.
This activity is open to all students and provides quiet time for studying, with built-in breaks as an opportunity to build community. For example, we would play games, order food, etc. during our breaks.
BAAMN will be hosting a speaker that has history of working as an RN in NICU and currently is a nurse practitioner. This is a great opportunity for students interested in NICU experience to learn about the fields; promotion of position opportunities in nursing.
Love Your Melon would like to add people to the bone marrow registry. Please stop by to see Love Your Melon crew at the Green Bay Distillery/