Information for Campers
By now you should have received confirmation of your participation in the Bellin College Summer Camp. We look forward to offering you this opportunity to explore different healthcare professions!
Below is some basic information you need to know to get started. Please click on the appropriate link (to the right or below) for more important information about your specific camp: Nursing Camp, or Medical Imaging Camp.
- The dress code for camp is casual but needs to be school appropriate. (If you can’t wear it to school, you can’t wear it here.)
- Your scrubs will be distributed when you get here. While at clinical sites, scrubs are required, as is appropriate footwear (preferably white, close-toed athletic shoes.) No sandals will be allowed in any patient care area.
- Your hair should be clean with no extreme colors or styles and drawn back from your face. Shoulder-length hair must also be pulled back so it will not fall forward.
- Piercings in an area other than an earlobe is not acceptable while on the clinical units. No more than one piercing per ear. If you have a piercing in your nose, a clear micro stud will be allowed.
Meals will be provided while you are with us. Please make sure to let us know if there are any dietary restrictions we need to be aware of.
Participation in the Bellin College Summer Camp is a unique experience with limited availability. You will be shadowing nurses in real-life clinical settings and observing a variety of medical issues. You may see things or hear information pertaining to these patients. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires that you keep all you see and hear confidential. This includes any photos taken at the clinical sites. For this reason, phones/cameras will not be allowed while at clinical locations. You will be asked to sign an acknowledgment that details this information. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding HIPAA.
We want this to be a fun event and hope you meet new people and make new friends. You are welcome to bring your cellphone, but confidentiality is a top priority. Cellphones will be collected when the day begins and returned to campers at the end of the day. If there is an emergency, parents/guardians may contact the phone numbers below.
Lodging – Room Blocks
A few room blocks have been set aside for you at the hotels below. Please note the expiration dates:
A shuttle is available for both camps, leaving at one time in the morning and returning you to the hotel at one time in the afternoon. Time to be determined based on occupancy. More information will be sent to you if you book at Home2 Suites.
June camp block is available until May 26. The direct link for that camp is JUNE CAMP or call (920) 227-5757 and ask for the Bellin College June Nursing Camp room rate.
July camp block is available until June 15. The direct link for that camp is JULY CAMP or call (920) 227-5757 and ask for the Bellin College July Nursing Camp room rate.
Country Inn & Suites
June camp block is available until May 24. July camp block is available until June 15. Please call the special reservation line at (605) 373-0513 and ask for the Bellin College Summer Camp room rate. You can also book online. Please use these directions:
- Go to https://www.countryinns.com/green-bay-hotel-wi-54311/wigbaye
- Enter the check in and check out dates
- Click “More Search Options”
- “Promotional Code” is in the drop down
- Enter the “BELL24″ (June) or “BELL15” (July) code
If you are unable to attend the camp or have any questions, please contact Lizzy at (920) 433-6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.