Vision, Mission, Values & Philosophy
Bellin College is dedicated to preparing healthcare professionals by providing an intellectually stimulating environment focused on leadership, community service, and lifelong learning that promotes excellence in healthcare practice and the advancement of the profession.
- Excellence – being the best.
- Community – partnership and shared participation.
- Caring – empowering relationships based on empathy and respect.
- Integrity – honest and ethical behavior.
Bellin College will be the best health sciences college in the State of Wisconsin.
- To provide excellent educational programs which are responsive to the community.
- To create an intellectually stimulating environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- To contribute to the community’s well-being through faculty, staff and student services.
- To stimulate a climate of quality improvement.
Philosophy of Teaching and Learning
Bellin College faculty are facilitators, role models, and resources in the learning process. We provide an environment that supports a diverse student population. We pursue excellence in education by assisting students to develop critical thinking skills with a commitment toward the College values of Excellence, Integrity, Community, and Caring.
Teaching/learning is a dynamic process of discovery attained through interaction and engagement. Faculty members implement cooperative teaching strategies in partnership with students to achieve program outcomes. Students share the responsibility of achieving their learning goals through participation in the education process. As co-creators of their learning, students have a responsibility to develop a scholarly approach to learning through assimilation and integration of new knowledge, utilization of technology, and life experiences.
Graduates of Bellin College are prepared to function in leadership roles and affect social, ethical, political, and economic issues surrounding health care.