Veteran Applicants Tuition
Federal Veteran Benefits
The Bursar is the Veterans Administration (VA) representative for Bellin College students. To receive veterans’ educational benefits, student-veterans must be certified. Students eligible for federal programs such as the Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9/11 and other VA programs, must be certified by both the VA and the Bellin College Bursar’s Office. All VA benefits are subject to the soldier’s specific length of duty and the benefits of the program. Since the College is a private institution, they are subject to the tuition cap set by the Department of Defense for each program.
It is the applicant’s/student’s responsibility to understand their eligibility for federal and state veteran's benefits and adhere to program requirements. The number for individual educational inquiries is 1-888-422-4551 or 1-888-GI-BILL1. The website is www.gibill.va.gov
Please refer to the Department of Veterans Affairs website
for further clarification on eligibility for the following programs:
- Chap. 30 Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD) Servicepersons and Veterans)
- Chap. 31 Montgomery GI Bill - More information at Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Chap. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill – Individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after 9/11/2001
- Chap. 35 Montgomery GI Bill - Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chap. 1606 Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chap. 1607 Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- VA Tutoring Program
- National Testing Fee Reimbursement
It is extremely important that all veterans adhere to their specific chapter requirements so that tuition can be paid promptly along with any stipend or housing allowance.
A DD214 along with a letter from your branch of service is required for certification of tuition benefits.The letter can be obtained from the local county VA Office.
For more information on Federal Veteran’s Benefits, visit www.va.gov
Download the VA Information Document